As Administrative Assistant/Receptionist, you will help ensure that the office runs smoothly and efficiently. Your clerical and administrative support will assist BCFA Manager, Office Manager, Superintendents, and Committee Chairmen as requested. You need to be comfortable being the primary point of contact for all manners of inquiries and requests.
Other secretarial responsibilities will include organizing and maintaining files, supplies, and equipment. The ideal candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant/Receptionist can prioritize tasks and is motivated to complete work with minimal supervision.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist Duties and Responsibilities
• Respond to calls, emails, and routine letters; direct inquiries to the appropriate person
• Maintain a schedule of fair activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to fair staff, Superintendents, committee chairmen, volunteers, schools and members as applicable or instructed.
• Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will prepare correspondence, reports and maintain electronic and hard copy files of membership and all forms and correspondence making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
• Will be the primary appointed team member to answer phones, providing general information, referring callers to other staff or committee or taking message as necessary.
• Will receipt all payment’s customers; walk ins, mail, phone payments.
• Work with assigned committees and be their point of contact for vendors such as but not limited to, Commercial Exhibits, Concessions, Entertainment, etc
• Maintain updated contact information for volunteers, memberships, vendors, and customers; keep such information confidential
• Fulfill other secretarial duties as needed
Position Requirements and Qualifications
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist staff member should be capable of working under deadlines and under stressful situations. This is a small work area and cooperation is encouraged. Maturity, flexibility and a positive attitude are expected.
• Professional demeanor and attitude
• Trustworthy, able to respect confidentiality
• Familiarity with office organization techniques
• Capable of multitasking; strong time management
• Well-organized, detail-oriented
• Strong writing ability
• Excellent verbal communication
• Proficient with computers, especially in MS Office
• High school diploma
• Typing at 50+ words per minute preferred
• Past secretarial experience preferred
Send resume and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sorry, there are no internships available at this time.